Thursday, August 07, 2008

On my mind today

Update: by request, videos added at the bottom

Things I love about Elijah
:
1. He tells me he loves me on a daily basis
2. He loves God and lets me know that regularly
3. He talks about heaven a lot and is excited to go there one day
4. He is a great, healthy eater - the other day he ate about 15 sugar snap peas saying YUM after each one & most of the time when I give him some food he asks, "will this make me strong & healthy?"
5. He brings me a glass of water every day, all his idea
6. If he gets to pick a treat out of the treat jar, he shares it with me
7. He reminds me to "be patient" sometimes
8. He loves his baby brother and is so sweet to him
9. He thinks things through very carefully before trying something new
10. He is a lot more independent than I was...he loves to spend days away with his grandparents
11. His love for music, and the fact that he knows David Gray, Coldplay, Jack Johnson and several others just by the sound of their voice
12. He is very compassionate towards animals..he says "they're so sweet" about every single one - even roadkill! :-)
13. He gives the best "great big hugs"
14. He still likes to cuddle up in my lap and read
15. The way he sings the Curious George TV show intro music - it cracks me up!
16. The way he says "I'm going to win" every where we go
17. He loves helping me do the dishes (maybe I can make that one stick- ha!)
18. When I tell him that Daddy is at work, he says, "I love Daddy very much. He works hard to take care of us."
19. He entertains Judah in the back seat of the car, which is HUGE since Judah cries in the car if he's not getting attention - yes, he's spoiled :-)
20. His gorgeous blue eyes - they are the first thing everyone notices
21. He looks like a perfectly balanced mix of Jason & I
22. Even though he has his moments ( on a daily basis :-) , people always tell me how sweet, respectful & well-behaved he is
23. Sometimes he just randomly tells me that I'm gorgeous
24. He likes to quotes movies & TV shows...sometimes they are part of his dialogue and I have no idea what he's talking about
25. He is an encourager and tells others, including me, that they are doing a great job
26. His bedtime routine...he prays every night for God to make him a mighty warrior for Him, and the way he sings "Good Night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite"
27. When we tell him we're going somewhere that he's really excited about, he does a happy dance
28. He genuinely loves his friends & cousins
29. He loves sno-cones as much as I do - now Jason can't just make fun of me anymore!
30. Anytime we are outside, he picks up a leaf, stick, twig, whatever to give me and says, "Happy Birthday Mom"

I could go on and on about our sweet Elijah. We think he's the best 4-year old in the world and that God couldn't have given us a better firstborn child. I will probably go back and add more things as I think of them or as he does them, so I can remember how precious 4 years old was.

I LOVE this kid!




Elijah singing the Curious George intro song - it cracks me up because he doesn't know what most of the words are, so he makes them up. He was very aware of the camera this time though so it wasn't quite the performance I usually get, and I had to bribe him to do it...he doesn't like to "perform" (just like me!). Sorry it's kind of dark.


Judah's new trick...you have to wait for it. I believe today (Aug 8th) is the anniversary of the day we found out we were expecting this little stinker!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

that list cracked me up! i would start laughing on nearly every one then read it to matt. it also makes me even MORE ready to see him in a little over a week! :)

Lauren said...

oh yeah and you should get a video of him singing the curious george song! that would be hilarious!

Anonymous said...

With almost every wonderful thing you listed about Elijah, I can correspond with the wonderful things his Mom & Dad are doing and teaching him each day. You are doing a fantastic job! He constantly makes us smile as well.
Love you,
Deb

Craig'O said...

I'm so sorry we missed him when we were there last weekend! It was great to see at least the three of you, though! Elijah is an incredibly sweet little boy, and I have been taking notes on your pareting techniques for over four years now. You and Jason inpire me and remind me that there ARE things we can do to make this world a happy place to live! --Steph

Lori said...

We love Elijah too! That was a great list.

Anonymous said...

What incredible little boys! what incredible parents!

Jennifer said...

These videos are SO cute and funny! I LOVED reading the things about Elijah! Your boys are both absolutely precious :)