Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Holly Jolly Christmas

Okay, get ready for hordes of pictures of activities over the last couple of weeks.

First, instead of gifts each year we do activities together with my family. A couple of weekends ago we went to Waxahachie to eat and go "ice" skating (it's not real ice, some fake stuff that's not even cold but it worked and the kids loved it without getting wet in the process).

Here's our crazy group skating


My niece Katherine with Elijah


My nephew Andrew with his girlfriend Lindsey. I can't believe that Andrew is 17 and driving! I was 11 when he was born and I remember it so vividly.


My mom and sister with Judah




Elijah with his cousin Jonathan


Katherine and Judah had matching hats!


Then we went to Bethlehem Revisited in Waxahachie - a reenactment of the night Jesus was born with this whole little town set up to resemble Bethlehem. It was really neat and the kids had fun participating in some of the Bible times activities.




Not long ago we made cookies at Ellie's house with friends



Random cute picture of my boys


On the 23rd, we went to Six Flags with my family as well. It was COLD but we had a great time and there were hardly any lines - much better than last year! Elijah was tall enough to ride even the Shockwave - I nearly cried when he said he wanted to do it but thankfully for me he decided not to when they got up to it. Shew...I think I would have had a heart attack! He did some other big rides though and had a lot of fun.

Here he is at the snow hill




The kids participated in a show as well - they got to sing Jingle Bells into the microphone and dance - it was really cute!


Opening presents on Christmas Eve. I think Judah had a great first Christmas and of course loved the paper! :-)




Jason got a harmonica with neck holder from me. He's going to be a regular one man band with his guitar in hand!


Presents from my mom (we let her cheat and get the grandkids one thing each because she can't stand not to :-) For our service project this year with my family, each individual took $10 to bless someone we didn't know or someone in need this holiday season. We had to keep our eyes and ears open everywhere we went!






Chrismas morning! Happy 8 months to Judah!






Birthday party for Jesus and then we talked about his birth and why it's so important


Stay tuned for more adorable pictures from Christmas Day with Jason's family, including this cutie pie - Judah Clause!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What a fun Christmas, I love that picture of Jason and the boys. How sweet is that?!?

Hope you guys are doing well.

Leslie