Saturday, October 20, 2012

a week of highs and lows

this past week was a doozy. 
we were up and down, up and down emotionally. 
in a way, i'm really glad this week is over. 

highs from the week:

savannah's 3rd birthday party last saturday,
complete with face painting.
spiderman and hulk were happy!





 my college buddy stephanie and her son clint stayed with us a couple of days.
here are all the boys blowing bubbles!



judah is loving gymnastics!

elijah is in his second month of judo and he loves it!
it is great for discipline and strength and he gets to wrestle...what more could an 8 year old boy want than to get to wrestle?!?!




 lows from the week:

*spending more money to get our THIRD fingerprinting done with CIS
*not getting a referral - and it hit us especially hard this week
*it seemed like a lot of life stresses hit us this week as well

having to say goodbye to our sweet dog amos. it. was. HARD. :(


Lord, I will praise you during the highs and lows of life.
I refuse to feel defeated and hopeless.
I really do feel in my gut that this darkness will soon lift...our dawn is coming!!!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Oh Summer. The last paragraph of your post brought tears. I know we are only getting on by crying out to the Lord for strength and hope. And I think your last sentence is right on. I feel it, too. Praying for you - for a better week next week! (We have to get our third fingerprinting done soon, too. I keep putting off calling, but I just need to do it! Bleh.) You're doing great, girl. Keep hanging on!

Liz and Josh said...

I'm so sorry that you had such a hard week. I agree with Joy - your words and outlook are so beautiful. Praying for you all!

We're about to have to re-do our third set of fingerprints too. Argh - this wait is killing us!