Sunday, May 04, 2008

A week of pictures

One week old
I'm going to try to do a picture with the sock monkey each month
In the hospital:






First bath in the hospital




Going home



Our first week at home







Hope that's enough pictures to last everyone for a while. We are doing well, just adjusting to two kids which is a little overwhelming sometimes but we feel completely blessed. Please keep us in your prayers as we learn how to manage two and get some sort of a routine & normalcy going around here. :-)

Judah had already passed his birth weight when we went to the pediatrician for the first time two days after we got home. He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz - the doctor was so impressed and said he was doing so well that we didn't need to bring him back until he's 1 month old! Unfortunately, his umbilical cord fell off a little too soon at 6 days old and we had to go back because it was getting infected. All is okay now and it should be fine. We also unfortunately found out that he also has the same blood-clotting disorder that Elijah has. While I know that what happened with Elijah was a freak thing, I was still a little sad that Judah has it too, but I just had to know for my own sanity after what happened to Elijah. I keep telling myself that everything is just fine, and I know it will be. We'll take him to the hematologist just for a check-up on his blood and then there should be no need to go back unless he has a problem. It's at least good to know so that I can be aware and a little more cautious about certain things.

That's all I've got right now. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Lori said...

i love all the pictures. i didn't know that your results came back on the blood clotting disorder. i want to talk more about that later. i'll call you soon.

Alisha said...

These are such great photos. And I love that Judah will have his photo with the sock monkey each month.

Lauren said...

those pictures are great! He already looks so different - in just one week! hopefully i'll see you soon!:)

da momma said...

beautiful!!!!!!! congrats! love his name

Jennifer said...

These are beautiful, Summer. I was SO excited to get to see you guys tonight at the program! Your boys are precious.