Friday, September 25, 2009

oh the rain

We have had A LOT of rain around here lately and I have to say that I really like it. It cooled things off and wasn't all big thunderstorms like we usually have around here. No threat of losing my electricity and scaring the dickens out of my dog and children, plus something fun to do outside since we can't swim anymore.


The kids across the street got in on the action.




It seems to have been "raining" around here the last week or so as well. I have had a very frustrating week. I have to work really hard not to dwell on the negative so when I have weeks that are especially hard, I have to pray and pray for God to make my eyes see the positive because we are so blessed. So let me give you a quick low-down and get this off my chest so maybe I'll feel better:
1. Lightning cut off our computer even though it's on a surge protector and we almost lost everything on it...I was sweating that out while Jason worked on it
2. Our main air conditioner quit working - it needs freon but you can't legally buy it and there are no window unit repairmen out there anymore, apparently
3. We don't have cable and the only kids channel we have that my boys LOVE just quit working. All of our other channels are fine but for some reason the reception on PBS just is not good. I have no idea what to do about it
4. Judah started a fun new screaming tactic (see below) including waking up in the middle of the night again
5. The swine flu has made its presence known at the preschool where I teach
6. It's been kind of a rough year at the preschool so far and my co-teacher was absent on Monday
7. I had to go to the dermatologist this week because the eczema on my hands reached a new level of painful
8. Headed to my regular doctor (whom I have never met because I've never needed to go since I moved my paperwork to him several years ago) because I had been having bad ear & head pain for over a week. My head felt like someone had hit me with a baseball bat and I was recovering with a very SORE head. They couldn't figure out what was wrong but thankfully it is now gone so I don't have to have that MRI
9. Oh, I'm sure there are more nit picky things but you get the general idea :-) Done ranting now, I promise.
----------------------------------------------------

Last weekend we went on a hike together near Denton. I didn't get too many pictures because we got attacked by mosquitos and had to cut it short, but we still had fun. Next time we'll remember the bug spray!



----------------------------------------------------

My cutie at the park near our house.

Now he looks all cute and innocent but recently this stinker has taken to throwing massive fits and yelling at me all day. If I tell him no - he yells, if I take something away from him - he yells, if we can't understand what he's trying to say - he yells, if he wants something - he yells for it, basically if we're not doing exactly what he wants all the time - he yells. It is glorious. Not really but he's already been in time out a few times for it and it seems to help a little. Phew...I knew he was gonna be a handful from the time when he was a newborn and would not sleep. We sure do love him though.
---------------------------------------------------

The boys were doing flips the other night,


and I just thought this was hilarious!


Have a great weekend! Elijah's first soccer game tomorrow morning and then I am off with my mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law for a girl's night tomorrow and then to Gainesville to hear Jason preach on Sunday and attend Lauren's wedding shower. YAY, it's getting close!

2 comments:

Lori said...

so sorry about the tough week...sorry to bail on you on monday. hopefully things will start to calm down next week. see ya tonight!

Abbie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your headaches and your rough week. I hope this week is much better! We're looking forward to playing at the park today! See you in a little while.