Tuesday, March 08, 2011

waiting on Him

There is nothing new to report on the adoption front.

So many have been asking and praying and we SO appreciate that. Keep up the prayers...we (and all of the families waiting on children from Ethiopia) need them desperately. We have made some sweet adoption friends along this journey and they are experiencing the same emotions we are right now. So many are being affected by all of this. As I get more information on what's going on, I plunge deeper into my pit of self-pity and frustration. The news is discouraging to say the least. All of this is not what we are wanting to hear and experience right now when we are so close.

So we are praying and waiting on Him. God is not bound by time or circumstances and He is SO much bigger than all of this. Trusting in God is not just an abstract concept to me anymore, we are living in it and at times it is so sweet. Having absolutely no control over this situation and having to rely totally on Him, I think is sometimes right where God wants us. Actually, it's probably where He wants us all of the time. Control is just an illusion anyways...He is the only one in control. He knows every detail of what's going on with every single aspect of this situation and He's got this, He's totally got this.

But please keep praying with us...I believe prayer is going to make a huge difference.

In the meantime, some VERY exciting things going on at our church (can't wait to share), and have still been reading The Hole in Our Gospel and cannot recommend it enough! Get your hands on this book as fast as you can! The premise of the book is about what God expects of us as followers...helping the poor is a HUGE part of what He expects. And I'm realizing more and more that it is EXPECTED of us. It is part of being a follower of Jesus, it's not optional, it is part of the gospel...helping the poor and having compassion on the "least of these" was a gigantic part of what Jesus did while He was on earth. Therefore, if we are supposed to imitate Him and be like Him, that is exactly what we should be doing as well. All of this has been making itself clearer and clearer to me over the past few years. I'm realizing it needs to be a bigger part of my life than it is...praying about what that means for our family.

The boys are doing well...I realize I haven't updated about them in a while. Have some cute pictures from my in-laws to post soon when we had a fun train outing with them. Both of their birthdays are fast approaching, Spring Break is next week, Judah continues to enjoy preschool, Elijah is enjoying Boy Scouts and will start soccer soon and we are all enjoying the gradually warmer weather.

Anyways, more soon. Make a difference in the life of an orphan TODAY! I just added a button for Compassion over here --->
We have sponsored a little boy for several years - you can too! It is so easy!

2 comments:

Kaki said...

Just keep trusting Him - it is all in His time - which will be perfect!! Hang in there and enjoy the boys! - they are at the most precious age! I love you and am praying. Mom

Julia Russell said...

Glad you're enjoying the book :). I've been praying for all of us & our waiting children! It is so hard to see things from the Lord's perspective & not my own...fear can get the best of me far too often! But God is BIG & I am excited to see how He finishes writing this story for you and me both.