Tuesday, March 29, 2011

all things ethiopia

So when you pour yourself into something, it's starts to become a part of you. This is true of Ethiopia. The further we get into the process and the more we learn about it, the more we love it. I KNOW that once we get our referral and then return from our first trip and second trip and bring that sweet baby home that our love will grow more and more with each step. Last week was a great week full of ALL THINGS ETHIOPIA.

I will start with yesterday though. I know you guys are tired of me saying that I cannot go into details on here, but I can't. All I can tell you is that the news we received yesterday from our agency left us jumping up and down and shouting for joy! I raised my hands in the air and thanked God for {quickly} answered prayers. He is so good and this is all His doing. No, we have not received a referral yet but all barriers that were keeping us from getting a referral have been knocked down with God's mighty hand. I feel like we are back in the game again! Almost all of that stress I talked about in my last post is GONE! God removed almost every single thing in the past week alone...He is so gracious and so loving toward me, and He truly does care about our situation.

We also had Ethiopian food on Saturday night with our friends Bill and Chrissy, to celebrate her birthday. And yes, it was for her birthday, I did not suggest we eat this, it was all her idea! We of course were all over it! We have had it once before but I did not get pictures...this time I remembered my camera. Ethiopian food is served on top of a spongy, pancake-like bread called injera. This is what the kids ate:


Clare, Elijah and Josiah enjoying their Ethiopian meal.

Elijah enjoying his injera - yum! This is my laid-back, try anything, travel anywhere, not picky kid and I love him for it! I think he loved everything he tried this night.

This is what Jason and I shared. That is an egg in the middle. We got a sample platter with beef, chicken and lamb I think. It was really good!!! You use the injera to pick up your food - no utensils here!

Judah on the other hand would not touch anything (my boys are SO different), so he ate applesauce, cereal bar and yogurt that I had brought just in case. Or because I knew that he would turn his nose up at the whole thing!

We had a great time. The lady that served us was from Ethiopia and she was so kind. I have heard that they are very kind people. She gave us extra vegetables for free and when we first walked in, she scooped Judah up in a high chair and pulled him over next to us without me even asking. Very sweet and thoughtful.


Last but not least (Heather, I stole this picture from your blog :-), this picture is from last Weds night when we had our Lifesong Orphan Ministry meeting. These sweet ladies are so special to me because they totally get where I am right now and what I'm feeling. That's because they are both adopting from Ethiopia as well. Heather has been waiting 5 1/2 months for a toddler boy and Julia is just about to go on the wait list. I'm so glad to have them and to be serving on this ministry with them.

When you step out in faith to do what God has commanded and called you to do, He will bless you along the way. These ladies are proof of that. Just what you need when you need it, that's what He will do for you. Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Kaki said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!