Monday, August 22, 2011

2nd grade, how can it be?

I can't believe my first baby is in second grade.
It is incomprehensible.
Everyone, everyone, EVERYONE says it -
and that's because it's true.
They grow up WAY too fast!

He had a great first day!
He was nervous that the work would be too hard,
but came home telling me it was easy. :-)
He was Jesus to one of his friends at school today.
That makes me prouder than the work that he does, honestly.

Here's some proof that he is growing up WAY too fast!

Kindergarten Aug 2009 vs. 2nd Grade Aug 2011





We as his family love him so much and are so proud of him!
Be warned that I look half asleep in these pictures (not a morning person).




His table (for about 10 minutes :).
I found out after school that he was moved to another table
to be with a friend who was having a hard time.
He is a good, sweet friend.

With his new teacher, Ms. Dowell.

Ready for the day!

And of course we had our traditional after-the-first-day-of-school ice cream!
What a silly second grader!

I'm glad this day is over. It makes me nervous as well! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! So proud of you Elijah! They are both growing so fast.