Sunday, August 21, 2011

all of our last minute fun

I am so, so sad that today is our last day of summer vacation. I don't like change and so sending Elijah back to school for 8 hours every day is really hard for me to adjust to again. We just really enjoyed our fun summer. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a referral - other than that, it was perfect! We crammed as much fun as we could into this past week while my mom was in town and seeing how it was our last week before school starts. We did the water park on Monday, Legoland/Aquarium on Wednesday, swimming on Thursday and Putt-Putt on Saturday. We had a blast and I'm sad it's all over, but on to the routine I guess! Here are some pictures of our last minute fun:

Jason took off to go to Legoland with us on Weds,
and my mom brought my sister's kids as well so it was a full, fun day!



Special cousins Kristopher and Jonathan.


A completely Lego Dirk at his actual height I believe.

Cowboy's stadium and the city of Dallas made of Legos.


They of course did lots of building!

My sweet nieces, Katherine and Faith.

They did karaoke. Katherine has a beautiful voice!

Testing out the Lego cars they built on the car ramp.


And smiling before a ride!

I think this is his "To Infinity and Beyond" pose!

My nephew is very detail oriented with his building.

Then we decided while we were at Legoland to try out the aquarium right next door. I'm so glad we did - it was a lot of fun too. There was no flash allowed inside so some of the pictures are a little blurry.






And a couple of pictures from Putt-Putt yesterday.

And I guess that marks the end of our summer fun. :( Boo hoo. I will be crying tomorrow after we drop Elijah off at 2nd grade. But I will take pictures and post them. His teacher seemed to be very sweet, enthusiastic and on the ball at meet the teacher on Thursday night, and Elijah is excited to get started so those are all blessings to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I can't believe he's starting 2nd grade!! Looks like yall had a lot of fun this summer. :)