Tuesday, August 14, 2012

the never-ending roller coaster ride

A lot of people have asked if we have heard anything about the adoption.

The short answer is NO.
And the long answer is NO.

There, does that answer your question? :-)

My coping mechanism as of late is to not think about it.
In fact, some days I pretend we're not even adopting.

That seems to work for a while and then every motherly instinct within me rebels against that thinking because I still KNOW that we have a child in Ethiopia that needs us (or maybe we need them). It's a cycle. And just so you know, there are millions of children all around the world that need a home but the systems are flawed. Or someone does something dumb or illegal and messes it up for everyone else. It is not for a lack of orphans, I can tell you that for sure.

Satan is the god of this world and messing with the adoption system seems to be something that he quite enjoys! There have been days that I have wanted to throw up my hands and quit, I admit. I would like to get off this never-ending roller coaster ride and get back to my "normal" life, thankyouverymuch!

But...we are keeping busy and have had a wonderful summer.

In the past week, we've enjoyed lots of play-dates, visiting the Cheatham's sweet boy they just brought home from Ethiopia, an out of town wedding and preparations for school.

And since the adoption IS taking so long, my sister-in-law is helping me with a new design for my blog, since that picture at the top is like 2 or 3 years old...hello! Look for that soon!

As you can probably tell, I'm rambling and a little bit sarcastic today. I think that's my cue to wrap this post up! :-)

Seriously though, thanks for caring and thanks for asking. We wouldn't have made it this far without the support of our friends and family.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Right there with ya, girl...on all fronts. This is the toughest roller coaster ride ever. Keep hanging on.