Tuesday, August 07, 2012

what a week!

it started off with a sweet friend from church bringing me this doll that she handmade for our baby girl. it made my day! isn't she adorable?!?!


then it was off to camp of the hills for the week with some of our friends!
my mom's camp assistants put on a "preschool camp" for the little ones while me, leeann, jennifer and katie did their jobs that they've been doing all summer long. the kids loved it!




of course he had to get a picture with the camp dog, brandy.





with lemlem, one of the sweet counselors out there. she just "happens" to be from ethiopia and lives in marble falls so she hangs out with my mom all year. isn't God funny like that?!?!

with his best buddy, linkon.

wet from playing in the sprinklers with his "best friend" (one of the volunteers that week).


working out at camp definitely keeps my mom young. here she is as the rapping granny in the talent show. :-)

and of course while judah was having his fun, elijah was as well. this was his first year to sleep in the cabins all week long and not just be a day camper. he did great!


bubbles in the swimming hole on the last day of camp!





with his buddy dorian, from his cabin B4 - "the wolf pack".

part of the wolf pack

friday night banquet and awards ceremony!





the biggest surprise of the week was a last minute decision by my mom & i to take the boys to sea world for the weekend. it's only 1 1/2 hours from camp. we had a blast! i didn't take my nice camera so we only got a few pictures with my mom's phone.





whew! what a week! we had a blast but were exhausted and glad to be back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys have the greatest summers ever!! Looks like it was a great week!!!

All the best,
Jean