I am struggling as we wait on a court date. I decided I need to write out what I'm thankful for so I can stop dwelling on the negative.
1. WE HAVE A REFERRAL. My goodness, I know there are people STILL waiting for one that have now passed how long we waited. I can't even imagine.
2. She's beautiful, amazing and perfect. More than we ever hoped for or imagined.
3. Judah is constantly talking to me, wanting to play with me, wanting to help me. At times, it drives me batty, but I'm thankful that he loves me. I want to enjoy him as much as I can before Evie comes home and he starts kindergarten.
4. Jason is a rock. Internally, he is probably as nutty as I am but he sure does a great job of keeping it together for me.
5. Elijah is turning into a young man right before my eyes. I am so proud of the sensitive, compassionate, caring boy that he is.
6. My mother-in-law and I got to attend an adoption Mothers-to-Be tea on Saturday. It was nice to be honored and I enjoyed being with her.
7. We took my in-laws to an Ethiopian restaurant on Saturday night. The food was amazing. Just being around Ethiopians and the food made me feel closer to our baby girl.
8. God is good. It is hard to say that right now but I know it's true. He is stretching and growing me every single day on this journey. I pray I come out on the other side looking more like Him.
9. With the delay, it seems my mom will be back from Romania in time to be here when we bring Evie home. I am thankful for that.
10. New babies. There is something about a new baby that just represents hope and a fresh start. I was so happy to celebrate with my sweet friend Ashley on the birth of her baby boy Spencer last week.