Thursday, March 21, 2013

ethiopia {final visit}

 On Friday morning, we packed up our stuff and headed over for our final visit with Evangeline. When we were called upstairs she was getting a diaper change.


I think she remembered us because she warmed up right away!

My beautiful baby girl.



Can't wait for those beautiful curls to come in!!!

So happy!


Not long into our visit she started to get sleepy. I was so proud of myself for reading her cues and knowing what was wrong with her! It was the first time I felt like her mom.


Not wanting to say goodbye.

It took about 2 minutes and she was OUT!








Our last moments were spent holding her, studying her features, kissing her, telling her how much we loved her and that we would come back to bring her home soon!

When I laid her in her bed she woke up crying. :-( I wish I could have held her for her whole nap. I snapped a few pictures with two of her nannies.


They laid her in her bed and we told her goodbye. This is what she looked like when we last saw her.

It was hard leaving her but I take comfort in the fact that she is getting good care, she is happy and comfortable where she is and she does not realize we are gone. We miss her but she doesn't miss us yet.  In hopefully just a few weeks we will bring her HOME!!! Can't wait!

When we left Evie, we ate lunch and then headed to the airport. Over all, we had a wonderful trip to Ethiopia...it is full of sweet memories and things that we can tell her about her country as she gets older. Evie, we're coming soon baby girl....get ready!!!!

No comments: