Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I LOVE FALL!!!

Okay, I know it's not officially fall yet but I'm already getting excited! I think fall is my favorite time of the year, especially October. I love October! Just knowing that it's right around the corner makes me giddy. And for all you jokesters out there, I have heard the seasonal jokes about my name more than a million times - I know what my name is and still it's not my absolute favorite time of year - maybe a close second. :-) Here are some things that I LOVE about fall:

-The change of weather from hot to cool (or less hot :-)
-The anticipation of the holidays
-Taking walks in the fall air
-Football season - especially Aggie football games. WHOOP!!!!
-Pumpkin patches & carnivals
-Fall decorations
-Halloween (and this year, Elijah says he wants to be a penguin - HUH?)
-All my favorite TV shows start a new season
-Kids are back in school, including my nieces and nephews - I love going to their sports & activities and can't wait for Elijah's school stuff in 2 years!
-Ladies fall bible study at church
-Retreats & fun weekend activities
-Volleyball - watching my niece & the kids I used to coach

I could list more probably, but can't think of more right now. What's your favorite season and/or your favorite things about that season or about the fall?

Also, it is so hard to believe that 9-11 happened 6 years ago! I remember exactly where I was in my apartment in College Station when it happened and my roommate and I turned on the TV. Jason & I were engaged and I remember calling him to tell him about it. So much has happened since then but I know that those families who lost loved ones are still grieving. I haven't forgotten them, even 6 years later.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Fall is probably my favorite season as well. I'm really looking forward to experiencing the different seasons in Vienna. I have a feeling it will be a bit different than Oklahoma or Texas!

By the way, I love penguins. I don't know where Elijah got the idea, but I like it!

Lori said...

I love fall too!!! I can't wait to get my mini pumpkin patch on my front porch, mantle, dining table...anywhere I can fit them!! I am determined to go see an actual pumpkin patch one day...I want to see them growing on the vine...not just sittin' in a field with haystacks around!