Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ode to the Pacifier

Pacifier, pacifier, you were my bestest friend
But even still, I had to say goodbye to you in the end
Mommy & Daddy say I've grown into a big boy
And I had to get rid of you because you're not a toy
I was really upset and cried big crocodile tears
Because you were there for me for 3 1/2 years
I'll miss you but I know that it was for the best
My only prayer is that you finally have some peace and rest




RIP Pacifier: 2004 - 2008
We will miss you!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh Summer!! Cute poem.

Anonymous said...

You are way too clever! Best of luck to you!

Lori said...

I always love a good ode!! Good luck Elijah (and good luck mommy and daddy!)

Lauren said...

hahaha, that is so cute!

Anonymous said...

He's going to love to show that picture to his girlfriend someday. Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute poem! You always were a good writer. Paci is somewhere up there with "yellow blanket"!

Jennifer said...

Bless his heart! Amazing that you can whip out a poem about a pacifier! Now that's talent!

da momma said...

HOW is he asleep..naked?? thats so funny!

Leilanni said...

Love it!