Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Patch & Bon Voyage

Pumpkins of the Past:
October 2004 - Elijah, 5 months


October 2005: Elijah, 17 months


October 2006: Elijah, 2 1/2 years


October 2007: Elijah, 3 1/2 years


October 2008: Judah, 6 months & Elijah, 4 1/2 years


October 2009: Elijah, 5 1/2 years & Judah, almost 18 months


So, we went to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch on Sunday. It was INSANELY crowded, so do you know what we did? We went right next door to the OTHER less famous pumpkin patch that had hardly any people at it but everything was just as great. Free bounce houses, free hay rides and lots of photo opportunities. It was much less stressful there - I think we'll do that every time from now on. The boys had a blast - Elijah always looks forward to this every year. I took a ton of pictures of course but had trouble getting ONE good one of both boys together. Oh well. :-)













The only family photo we got:


DONE. He was just done with pictures at this point. :)


















Judah was very fascinated with the horses.








We leave on Sunday afternoon for Galveston, and then our cruise leaves on Monday. I am excited and also nervous. I have never left the boys for that long before and we don't have phone access unless we want to pay an arm and a leg. We are going to hopefully talk with them on Skype each afternoon and pay a one time internet fee. Please pray for us as we are separated from them that we'll all adjust for the week and for my mom as she cares for them. So this is probably the last post from me until we get back, which is on Halloween morning. I'm sure the next post will have GOBS of pictures from the cruise and Halloween. We will be back to take them trick or treating that night. This weekend before we leave, we are going to our neighborhood Halloween park party and Elijah's school's fall festival. If you think of us next week, don't be jealous as you picture us on the beach! :-)

One last thing for your viewing pleasure. A video of my boys performing. You'll notice a few things in this video: 1. Elijah is in a silly mood, 2. Judah thinks the paddle (aka "the monster in the closet") is a guitar, 3. Judah does NOT like his brother taking things from him right now and 4. He is really trying to sing something to me from school but I can't figure it out.

3 comments:

Kaki said...

Cute pictures! Great Video! I'm going to have my hands full next week, aren't I?!!

Sonrise Church said...

Precious video and pictures! Those are two very cute and talented boys!
Nana

Kristin said...

Hey Summer! We're in Galveston right now waiting to board our cruise and we get back on Monday. I'm wondering if we're on the same ship as you? I hope you have a blast. Chris and I left Sutton with his parents and it was hard for me until we were on the road. Enjoy this time just the two of you....it will be better for the boys in the long run. :)