Thursday, October 08, 2009

Welcome Savannah Ruth



My very close friend Ashley delivered her baby girl, Savannah Ruth, on Tuesday evening. She weighed 7lbs 9oz and was 19 1/2" long. Ashley had a very quick labor & delivery and they are both doing great. She and I have known each other since infancy and have been close friends the entire time. I am so happy for her and Brandon.

Funny story about her delivery day...I had planned in advance to bring Ashley lunch that day since she was on bed rest for high blood pressure. I called her that morning to see what she would like to eat and she told me she wasn't feeling too great. She said she'd been cramping on and off since the middle of night and a couple of times had fluid running down her leg. I said, girl you're in labor and it sounds like your water broke!!! I headed over there to check on her and encouraged her to call the doctor - they said to come on in. So after eating a quick lunch and packing the rest of her things for the hospital "just in case" I took her to her doctor's appt at 1pm where Brandon met us. They confirmed she was in labor with a broken water bag and sent her over to the hospital - Savannah was born at 7:58pm. It was so much fun to play a part in their big day and I was thrilled to be at the hospital when she born and get to hold her very shortly after.

She told me later that night, "Thanks for making me call the doctor. " Ha ha...you're welcome. :-)

1 comment:

Craig'O said...

She is VERY pretty! Tell them congrats for me!!! --Steph