Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1st Grade

Well, I can't believe it but my big boy started first grade on Monday. After a little hesitation leading up to the day, he was ready to go that morning!



He's very proud of his new Star Wars backpack...and shoes (which you can't see).


Gotta get a picture with brother...


Dad...


and Mom...


He thought it was way cool that he has his own desk, but asked where all the toys were in the classroom. Ha! I told him it wasn't kindergarten anymore and they didn't get to play in class as much...hence the big stack of books on his desk. I think that was a wake-up call! :-)


He also thinks it's neat that he has a locker instead of a cubby.


This is his 1st grade teacher, Mrs. White. She was recommended to me for Elijah by his kindergarten teacher and so far she seems very sweet. I think she will be a good fit for him.


After school we went to Braum's for our now annual first-day-of-school ice cream!


Judah got in on the ice cream action as well. What a goofball!

No comments: