Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Soccer, Ranger's & a little video

Last weekend the whole entire Cox family (minus Judah) went to watch the Ranger's whip up on the Yankee's. Judah stayed with Kaki because it was way too late for him (and thank goodness for that because with the rain delay we didn't get home until almost 1:30am!!!!)

Elijah and Lauren before the game:


Most of the crew (minus Deb who took the picture).

I may have had a minor run-in with the drunk 60 year olds in front of us who were celebrating a bachelor party. They were being ridiculously loud, rude and using lots of profanities in front of my 6 year old. I tried to remove Elijah as far down the row as I could but to no avail. I finally confronted the loudest one, who got defensive, in which case Nova and Gary chimed in to help me. They finally left and went to a bar from what we could tell. Thank goodness, everything was much better after that. You can't take your kids anywhere these days.

Removing the rain cover from the field (it delayed the game for over an hour)


Elijah with his rally cap. We won in the bottom of the 9th because the Yankee pitcher hit our batter forcing the run on 3rd home. Woohoo!


----------------------------------

The same day (earlier in the day - my pictures are out of order), Elijah had his first soccer game of the season. His team name is the Fury and daddy is the coach this year. Elijah loves soccer!










Judah had fun playing in a net on the sidelines and bringing Laur-Laur a flower....which he promptly took back right after this photo was taken. :-)






----------------------------------------------
This is just a sweet video I took of Judah earlier this evening. He is at an adorable age and his language is just exploding. He is usually very charismatic and tonight was no exception, so enjoy him really being himself for the camera because I'm rarely able to capture it.



I also have to say so that I don't forget one day... While I was rocking him before bed tonight, he opened his sleepy eyes and said, "I want to see Jesus" and then started singing Jesus Loves Me. It just melted my heart...my prayer is that God will keep drawing him closer and closer to Himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant blog, I had not come across coxragamuffins.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Carry on the great work!

Kaki said...

love the videos! They keep me "in touch" when I am missing ya'll.