Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wool

There is another new post below this one.
I just saw this on a fellow adoption friend's blog and had to steal what she said.
I thought it was so profound and I love it so I'm just going to quote her.
Last week she saw this:


"It made me cry.

Sometimes I have doubts about adopting transracially. I wonder if we are doing the right thing. Some say that it is not "natural" for a white family to raise a black child. They argue that there are just too many differences between the races. Having never been there, it is hard not to wonder if they are right.

Then God comforted me with the gift of this image. Even in nature, he reminded me, he gives black babies to white mamas. They are both sheep. They are exactly the same on the inside. It just so happens that the wool of one is a different color than the wool of the other. There is nothing weird or unnatural about it. They are a family, just the way that God intended.


Lord, make us a family with the child that you have called us to love. Help us to see no difference but the color of our "wool." "

*Our t-shirt sale fundraiser starts this Friday for the entire month of October! Mark your calendars and start checking my blog on a regular basis. We are going to have 4 giveaways people...FREE STUFF! Every Sunday in the month of October. Come back on Friday to see how you can enter our drawings. It's going to be very easy. And check out www.goseeklove.com right now to pick out what shirt you're going to order...except don't order it until at least October 1st :-)

3 comments:

Us4 Cats said...

okay this image was just too awesome. it says it all. there are no words. and what was written was completely accurate. i love it. i want to share it on my blog and link back to yours. thank you for sharing this.

Kaki said...

God knows how it ALL works for good to those that love him and for His purposes. From the old gray-haired-wool Kaki!

da momma said...

ok I posted about you!!!!
and Im proud of yall!
My blog is private but I have about 100 readers :)
whit