Friday, January 28, 2011

shaping arrows

I have all kinds of LOVE for this book that I am almost finished reading.
It wasn't just inspirational and EXACTLY what I needed to hear right now, but it gave practical ways to put what you learn into practice and I really love that.
I always have trouble taking what I read and actually coming up with ways to implement it into my daily life. I have already started a list of things I feel God is calling our family to do right now.
If you are a parent that wants to help shape your children to change the world rather than the world changing your children, then you NEED to read this book. Really, you do.

One Million Arrows by Julie Ferwerda
http://onemillionarrows.com/The-Book/

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; —Psalm 127:3-5

Our children are arrows for God...we want to partner with Him to shape them into arrows that will fly far and strike the hearts of mankind for His kingdom. This requires daily spiritual training that quite frankly I have dropped the bar on. Well, no more. Jason has committed to reading this book and I am going to do a lot of praying and when we come up with God's plan for our family and how we are going to best spiritually train our children, I want to share it with you. Our game plan, our war strategy...because shaping our children as arrows for God is truly the most important job Jason and I have right now. Time to get down to business. Oh, and did I mention READ THE BOOK? No? Well READ THE BOOK!!! :-)

2 comments:

Lori said...

wow...you should be a spokesperson for this book!! I have to run out and get it now! :) thanks for the review.

Brittany said...

Thanks for the suggestion- I'm going to go buy it right now! (hopefully they have it on iBooks!)
Brittany