Friday, December 09, 2011

just words

This time of year is so very, very busy.
There is just so much to do and be and go to.
Buying, wrapping, parties, traditions, baking, family.
We're trying to slow down a little and remember the REAL reason.

We are also just so, so ready to know all about our baby girl.
What she looks like, how old she is, what her name is/ will be.
It seems when you get to the end of a LONG wait,
then you can't wait one more minute!

Like waiting 9 months of pregnancy and the last few weeks CRAWL by.
Or when I was little, waiting for Christmas morning
or for my birthday party...and those last few days seemed to last FOREVER!

We know we are nearing the end of a very long wait to see her face,
and we just can't wait ONE MORE MINUTE! :-)

This is so much harder than I ever imagined it would be.
But then isn't anything worth doing or pursuing?

She is already such a big part of our family.
We talk about her and pray for her on a daily basis.
My boys are constantly pointing out things that "baby sister" would love.
Her stocking hangs on our fireplace with no name on it yet.
There is a hole in our hearts just for her.
We love her.

We are so very thankful for the busy-ness and being surrounded
by friends and family during the holidays.
We are blessed.

We hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season!
Here are two of my favorite Christmas songs.
They are un-traditional but beautiful just the same.
I love Sarah McLachlan and Coldplay.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm reading my own life story when I read this post! :) We have 2 little boys like you, and also like you are waiting for our referral for a baby girl (we've been on the wait list for 14 1/2 months). My boys also refer to our little girl as "baby sister", and we too have her stocking hanging on our fireplace with no name. She really is already part of the family, huh! I know exactly what you mean. It's neat to know that there are so many of us in this together. Praying for you guys as you wait your last little stretch to see that beautiful face...soon you will KNOW who you've been praying for all this time!

Blessings to your family,
Joy

Liz and Josh said...

Hi Jason & Summer! Praying that you guys get the big call so soon. We know exactly how you feel - like y'all and the Primms, we are hoping & praying to hear two sweet names to put on our stockings this year. There's a big empty spot in our hearts waiting for our sweet kids.

When you get pictures, please email me, because I might have pictures of your little one. I was in Ethiopia a few months ago & took pics while visiting Gladney.

Merry Christmas!
Blessings,
Liz