Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Jason and I have been reading Romans the past few weeks. Each day we'll read a couple of chapters, then read the same chapters in a different Bible version the next day and a different version the next day until we've read those same chapters in 3-4 different versions...then we move on to a couple more chapters. It has really helped me to understand the Bible better this way and to learn new things that I didn't notice before. Elijah has noticed me doing this every morning, and so now he and I are reading his children's Bible together every day too. He is just like a sponge and soaks the word of God in! I am so thankful for his excitement in reading his Bible and praying with me....it makes me smile! This morning Romans 11: 34-36 spoke to me:

"Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counselor?
Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen."

We are absolutely nothing and God is everything! We cannot tell him what to do or offer Him counsel, as if we are smarter than Him! Everything we have is His, all of our wonderful blessings, and we have done nothing to deserve them. I have done nothing to deserve a wonderful husband, beautiful child, a nice warm house, a loving family, 2 cars that run, great Christian friends, food to eat everyday, and I could go on and on.....Praise God for His loving kindness and generosity towards us!

I'll leave you with a cute picture of Elijah in the bathtub today....

2 comments:

Leilanni said...

Oh -what a great post! Funny . . .my little Bible study lesson this morning was on pride and as I'm reading your post about how we are nothing without God, the song "Empty Me" is playing in the background. Hmmm . .. think someone's trying to tell me something??? :-)

Leslie said...

So glad you have a blog!! Wow, I have missed a lot. Love the pics from Thailand. Great to see you today. Keep checking the blog. Adam will post when she is born =)