Thursday, August 09, 2007

I got nothin'.....

Nothin' exciting to blog about, that is. We are enjoying the end of the summer. Elijah and I have been doing a lot of swimming, playing in the sprinkler, play dates with friends (Elijah's and mommy's :-) and hanging out at home getting things done around here. Sounds boring I know, but I've enjoyed the calmness of the last few weeks. This weekend we're going to Vernon with Jason's parents to visit Jason's aunt. They have a swimming pool and we're going to a neat car show so it should be a fun and relaxing weekend.

Elijah has continued to go to preschool every Thursday this summer and he really enjoys it. This is just a really cute picture of him ready to go to school this morning. He looks so grown up, it almost makes me want to cry. Then I started thinking about his first day of kindergarten in a mere TWO YEARS and I really teared up! This morning particularly, he was very excited about his new "Aggieland" lunch box, as he calls it. My mom found it for him and he couldn't wait to take it to school. We really aren't brainwashing him, I promise. He just genuinely loves the Aggies....I guess he picks up on our enthusiasm, but that makes me happy. There's no greater college in my opinion and I pray that he ends up there one day.....but no pressure! :-) You can see the Aggie lunchbox better in the below picture, even though his eyes are closed.

Now for a little request, since I always feel like I'm lacking in the "comments" department (imagine a small tear rolling down my cheek :-).....What are some of your favorite things that you and/or your kids have done this summer or that you have coming up?

I'll go first: 1. Thailand trip, 2. Mine & Jason's day out for our birthdays, 3. Ranger's game on the 4th of July, 4. All the swimming / water activities, 5. Being outside a lot, 6. Weekend trips to Gainesville, 7. My friend Stephanie coming to visit, 8. New Harry Potter movie and book, 9. Camp of the Hills trip and 10. Our Fort Worth family vacation coming up in a couple of weeks (woohoo - Jason will be off work and school!!!!) - we're going to do some fun activities around here as a family all week!

I know I left some things out but that's all I can think of right now when I'm tired. You don't have to put down that many. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so grown up!
My favorite would be my birthday when all my family was here at the same time. That is such a special time that I really cherish since it doesn't happen very often.
Thanks so much for keeping up your blog. It is a very special blessing that often leaves a proud tear in my eye!

Anonymous said...

Hey Summer! We've been on a family retreat, Craig went to LA for a friend's wedding while I spent a weekend up north to see you and Melissa, we had a Memorial Day get-together at our new house, spent some time with our 7 year old niece, spent some time with our now 4 month old nephew, and we spend a lot of time with friends.

All in all, a pretty slow summer!

Steph

Lori said...

Hey Friend,
Sorry I never leave a comment, I do read your blog everyday though...Favorite things from this summer: swimming with Elijah, eating at Chic-fil-a way too much, shopping at Target, that's all I can think of!! Pretty boring summer, I guess.

Alisha said...

I love the way you show a bad picture of your son because it's a good picture of the A&M lunch box! (It's not really a bad photo of Elijah, but you know what I mean.)

As for the best thing during the summer -- let's see, it's been a pretty dull few months. Except, of course, for the moving to Europe part. :) Actually, the summer has been a complete blur of packing, visiting friends and family, and moving. But my favorite part was visiting everyone -- family, grandparents, friends we hadn't seen in years. It was very nice.

Leilanni said...

-Taking Ellie to the beach for the first time ever!
-Going swimming with her cousins
-Having all our family over and watching the kids Slip N Slide . . .although it rained like 5 minutes later!
-We went to the Wiggles play place in Frisco. Wouldn't want to drive out there all the time but E definitely had SO much fun!

Great post idea!

Unknown said...

Hey Summer! Why didn't you e-mail me and tell me you had a blog? I may be horrible at e-mailing, but I am good at checking blogs! : ) I don't even know how I found your blog, but somehow, I did. Elijah is a cutie! My husband went to A&M for a couple years, and is brainwashing our child to love it. He has many Aggie clothing items. I am glad that I can read your blog now and keep up with you!

~ Kate (Barclay)