Saturday, August 04, 2007

Prayers

Please pray for a young lady named Amanda - she is a college-age Fortress intern that has been living with my sister's family this summer. She found out this morning that her sister, who is in high school, was killed in a car wreck last night. I don't know what this is like, but I'm sure the grief must be overwhelming and she could really use prayers right now.

I also have on my heart all of the children in America and throughout the world that are suffering. Suffering from lack of food, suffering from abuse of many kinds (physical, sexual, emotional), suffering from neglect, suffering from disease and suffering from not knowing the Lord. We as Christians need to step up, myself included, to ease the sufferings of these precious children. I am sure that we all at least know of some children that are in less than ideal situations or know of organizations that help ease suffering of children all over the world. Lord, give us the courage to put our hearts on the line and reach out to these precious, innocent children to show them love - Your love.

1 comment:

Leilanni said...

I can't imagine what Amanda must be going through and I will be praying for her. I do know that if she's surrounded by your sister and your family then she is surrounded in love and prayers and I'm sure that is lifting her up in a very difficult time.

I know what you mean about the children. Sometimes it seems so overwhelming, like no matter how much we donate or help it is just a drop in the bucket. That makes it easy to become discouraged into not doing anything at all, which would greatly please the enemy! Thanks for lighting that fire under me again! See you Wednesday!