Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Baby Shower Pictures

***Doctor update: Went to the doc on Weds for my routine 2 week check-up. I was really nervous because this was the point in my pregnancy with Elijah that my BP started going up...a week later I was on complete bedrest and about 2 1/2 weeks later Elijah was born by induction because my BP got VERY high. This past Weds, my BP was GREAT! I was so thrilled and so was my doctor! I know a lot of you have been praying about that for me and I just want to tell you THANK YOU and keep praying - we're not out of the woods yet. A lot of you know how scary it is for me to think that my high BP played a role in Elijah's stroke in-utero and we DO NOT want to repeat that this time. By the way, the new baby will be tested for the blood clotting disorder shortly after birth...we are working that out with Elijah's hematologist right now. Next appointment is in 2 weeks and then every week after that until baby comes!


The pretty table

Opening gifts


The fiber-optic plant (FOP) is an inside joke with me and Steph :-)

Opening the beautiful quilt that my mom made



Most of the shower gang

Lori, Ashley, me, Stephanie & Abbie

My family: sister Kristi, nieces - Katherine & Faith, my mom, me, sister-in-law Nova and mother-in-law Debbie
Me and my mom, Kathy

Me and my sister, Kristi

My sweet niece, Katherine

Almost 33 weeks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the Fiber-Optic Plant looks great in little Stephan Ian's room.

Lauren said...

hahaha, i really like "Stephan Ian", Summer. It sounds really nice. :)
that name has my vote.

Lori said...

thanks for letting us shower you!! The pics turned out cute. Where's the one of all of us staring at your belly? :)

Jer to the Ica said...

I'm so sad I missed your shower! Time has completely gotten away from me in all aspects of my life!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers!!! BLESSINGS!