Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Baby's Room

The baby's room is pretty much completed, except for a few ideas I have for a couple of the walls. We worked REALLY hard and it was a long process! Our guest room was definitely the ugliest room in the house and nothing had ever been done to it. We had to make it work where the guest bed could stay in there, and we had to find a place to put the computer. We found a perfect nitch in a huge closet that we have and it also keeps the computer out of sight, which is nice. Here are the before pictures of the room:


A special THANK YOU to my mom, my sister and Lori - I couldn't have done it without you guys. And Lori, I didn't post the picture of you painting on here since you thought it was horrid! You're welcome. :-) Oh yeah, Jason and Elijah helped too, and I got to wear a very special mask to keep me from breathing the fumes. Elijah enjoyed it as well! The red color was really difficult - it took a gray base and two coats to get it right but I love it! Here is the work in progress:





And here is the finished product! I am very pleased and love my bamboo blinds! I didn't think I'd be able to afford them but found them on sale, YAY!




My mom handmade the baby's quilt because I couldn't find anything like what I wanted in the right colors. Isn't it gorgeous? I love it!!!


Baby shower and belly pictures coming soon once I sort through them all and help my mom with this estate sale Thurs - Saturday. Only 6 1/2 weeks left to go!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Cute, cute!! And, yes, thank you for not sharing the horrid picture of me painting!

Lauren said...

that is AMAZING! it doesnt even look like the same room! it looks REALLY cute. yall did a good job :)

Leilanni said...

Beautiful!!! Y'all did a great job - and that quilt your mom made is amazing!

Alisha said...

The room looks great! I love red walls. The quilt your mom made looks great too. It won't be long now.

Jennifer said...

Wow!! The room looks fantastic! I'm super impressed! I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to the shower after all - I was STILL sick..ridiculous. I hope it was wonderful!

Kandi said...

Cute Room Makeover!! You should work for ABC :) Only 6 weeks to go? Maybe the new baby and Jack will share a birthday :)

Amanda said...

I know I already told you the room looks great, but I forgot to tell you how beautiful that quilt is!

I'm glad you were back this week...we missed you when you were gone! :o)