Friday, April 25, 2008

FINALLY!!!

This is Jason logging on briefly to announce that our beautiful baby boy has finally arrived. Summer started having contractions around 7:45 this morning and when we went to the hospital shortly after 2:00 she was already at a 9. They rushed us down the hall to a labor and delivery room and he arrived at 4:17. Summer did amazing she had no medication whatsoever and handled it like a champ. I was muy muy impressed. He weighed in at 8 lbs exactly and was exactly 18 inches long (which is great because as a guy that makes it sooooo much easier for me to remember). We've taken plenty of pictures but I'm using a borrowed computer and I'm not sure how to get them uploaded. I promise though that we will get them up very soon. Elijah was really excited to meet him and he asked us if we could take him home. Well, that about covers it I'm sure Summer will fill in any gaps I may of left. Mom and baby are doing great but we would still appreciate continued prayers. Bye!













What's that? You say I forgot something? OOOOOOOHHHHH, you guys wanted to know his name. Well, you have been rather patient so I guess I'll go ahead & share. The newest little ragamuffin to join the Cox family is...

Judah James Cox

Grace & Peace!

Jason

P.S. We're at Harris Methodist in Fort Worth, room 282. We would love to have visitors, just please call ahead first.

16 comments:

Julie said...

YEAH!!! Praise the Lord!!! Summer, I am so glad that you got to have Judah (I am assuming he is going by that) the way you wanted. You deserve it after you carried him so long!!! I am so proud of you and Charles and I were just talking earlier about how much we had hoped you had him today!

Lori said...

yippee!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I can't believe how fast your labor went Summer. It sounds like it all went so smoothly. What an answer to prayers!! I can't wait to hear more details. We are so thankful and excited for you guys and can't wait to meet your precious boy! We'll give you a call tomorrow and see if you feel like having visitors. Try to get some sleep!!

Jennifer said...

YAY YAY YAY!! I'm not sure if you guys will still be in the hospital tomorrow, but if you are, we're going to try to visit! Congratulations and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Judah! That was one of our top names with Bennett :) Praise God for your little blessing and that everything went so smoothly!

Anonymous said...

God is good! Congratulations to you all!

Anonymous said...

We'll be heading up tomorrow! We can't wait to see all four of you!!!

Alisha said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad he came without having to induce. I can't wait to see the photos.

jch said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

We're so happy for you guys. May God bless you and keep you all!

peace -- Joe and the rest of the Brooklyn gang

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him. :o)

Leslie said...

SO EXCITED for you guys! Congrats!!! I love that Elijah wants to take him home....good sign

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

YAY Summer!! So happy for you guys and so glad that you got to have him that way you'd hoped for! Love the name too! Can't wait to see baby Judah!

Stacy said...

Hey Judah! (How long before you call him Jude? I was banking on THAT being his name, since I know you like Bible names, and also since Jason is such a huge Beatles fan!) Congratulations to all of you! Summer, you're a HE-woman! Love you guys!

angela said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I love the name Judah! It goes great with Elijah too! Blessings to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Summer and Jason,
WOW, he is beautiful. I am so happy that everything went smoothly and so quickly. I know you all are overjoyed to add another member to the raggamuffin crew! Congratulations to you. Can't wait to see him up close and personal.
--Leigh Ann Trice

Leilanni said...

Congratulations!! SO glad everything went so well - can't wait to hear more about it! What a sweet, sweet baby :-)