Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Swimming Success


Elijah with his friend Todd & his teacher, Ms. Courtney - she was GREAT with him!

We have had big success with Elijah in swimming lessons! It's like something finally clicked and he decided he really could swim on his own. We had him in a 2-week every day class Level 1 and he was scared of even trying anything on his own almost the whole time. Then at the end he started doing better so we decided to do some semi-private lessons with his friend Todd from his class. He had 4 lessons and is completely swimming on his own all the way across the width of the pool! I am so impressed with this place...and he's even almost to Level 3 - all he needs to do is get his breathing down good and he can move up. We may do a few more just to help him get that down, since breathing is pretty important. :-) She has to tap his chest to remind him to bring his head up and take a breath, but other than that, he's got it down! There are a few videos from today at the bottom of him jumping in then swimming, just swimming, floating on his back and diving down about 4 1/2 feet to get a ring with Todd. Don't know what order they're in or why they're at the bottom, and there's no sound, but you'll get the point. :-) One of them starts out sideways and then turns before he dives down to get the ring - again, don't know why. This is my first time to put videos on my blog, and I'm waiting for this little camcorder to arrive in the mail that Jason got on ebay for my birthday - it will allow me to put videos with sound on my blog, YAY!

And as always, here are some random pictures from my camera that are cute. These are for you Mom and for you Aunt Laur-Laur! I know yall miss these guys while you're away for the summer.


Looking up at me from his snuggli

The 2-month sock monkey picture

STRRREEEETCH!!

The double chin we're working on :-)

Elijah said he wanted to be a farmer this day


Aggie baby

Finally...a pretty good smile captured on camera

Judah's first time in the swing

He loved it...put him right to sleep
First time in Bible class at Nana & Grangoat's church

Have a Happy 4th of July! We are going to Camp of the Hills for the weekend, where my mom is spending the summer working with inner-city kids. My sister's family and Jason's family are meeting us there for fireworks, fishing, swimming & boating - should be lots of fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Elijah!!! We are so proud of you!!! You are doing a GREAT JOB!!!!
Love you,
Nana & Grangoat

Lauren said...

So cute! Judah's double chin cracks me up! Elijah seems to be quite a swimmer! He is way better than me! :)

Craig'O said...

Yes, please make sure the child is breathing. I hear it is beneficial to those wishing to live. By the way, those are some pretty big Aggie feet!!! The boys are super precious, and I hope I get to see them next weekend! --Steph

Anonymous said...

Wow, Elijah!!! I am so proud of you!! I can't wait to see you this week at camp. Judah is just growing so much and is so cute. See you soon, and love you.