Saturday, March 14, 2009

Babies, Babies and More Babies!!!

I just LOVE newborn babies! I mean, who doesn't??? And no, I most certainly DO NOT have baby fever...I just have lots of friends having new babies right now so I will snuggle with their babies instead of having another of my own.

Today, I am anxiously awaiting the news of Jasper's birth. My good friend, Jennifer, had a c-section this morning, so I know that he is probably already here but I can't wait to know how much he weighed, what he looks like, and then go up to meet the little guy! Jennifer and I met last year in girl's bible study, then found out that we were both passionate about mission work in the future, then became part of the same Girl's Night Out group, and now we teach together at the church preschool and she is Elijah's teacher. I have really enjoyed our new friendship and getting to know her better. She has a sweet 2 year old boy, Bennett, and we can't wait to meet Bennett's new baby brother, Jasper.

My very best friend since the 5th grade, Lori, is having her second daughter, Grace Katherine, in May and I can't wait to be a part of that celebration! Lori was a big part of Judah's birthday - what a crazy day - and I am excited to be a part of Grace's birthday and to watch sweet Annalee become a big sister!

My very bestest college friend, Stephanie, is having her first baby, a boy named Clinton Allen, in June right around my birthday. I am already trying to make plans as to what to do with my boys when she goes into labor so that I can be in Houston ASAP and be a part of that special day with the other Cox family and welcome baby Clint into the world! Stephanie, I can't wait until you come visit me next weekend!

It is a fun stage of life to be in right now, when all of your friends are having babies. It just gives you a reason to celebrate!

Speaking of babies, here are some new pictures of my babies:

Judah was under the weather with allergies the other day, so I set them both up in front of a video. Elijah got mad at me when he realized I'd taken his picture - hence, why I have hardly any pictures of him...he just doesn't like that right now. :-) That's why I was so thrilled with the pictures from the park that we got a few weeks ago.


This is the way that Judah says "mama"...no words, just whining. :-)


Judah snuggling with Daddy...he looks really old to me in this picture. Judah, not Jason.


A better picture of his new trick. He took a step the other day and fell...won't be long!


When he plays, he squats and I think it's so cute!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

It's so crazy that you have a friend with a son named Bennett and a new son named Jasper. I have a friend who has a son named Bennett and is looking for suggestions for her second son and I was so close to suggesting Jasper. It seems to be a popular name at the moment.

Lori said...

oh, crap, i'm going to have a baby soon!

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for coming to visit today! We loved seeing you! :)

Craig'O said...

I have that thought occasionally, too, Lori!!!

Summer! I'm so looking forward to seeing you and your boys this weekend!!! --Steph