Wednesday, April 22, 2009

was that really a year ago???



I am having an emotional week. On Saturday, our Judah (aka Jude, Bug, Judebug, Judah-bug, Ju-Ju, Juby, Bubba), will turn one year old and I can hardly believe it! TIME FLIES BY...especially, it seems, with the second one. A year ago tomorrow I wrote this post and to re-read my birth story click here. What a crazy crazy day it was...it seems like yesterday.

I don't remember what we ever did without this sweet, sweet baby boy in our family and in the world. We are so blessed by him, he is such a special gift from God and he is so loved.

Here are some things I love & want to remember about Judah right now at almost one year old:
*he is so precious when he waves bye-bye to EVERYONE
*he can sign the words "more" and "all finished"
*he loves for elijah and i to build a block tower just for him just so he can knock it down and clap for himself
*he is definitely a mama's boy and will hardly go to anyone else (i'm secretly enjoying that right now :-)
*he has taken random steps but is still not walking - he has a mean crawl though and loves to push his walker all over the house while waving bye bye
*he LOVES cell phones - he has 3 of his own and always wants to play with mine
*his favorite thing to eat is his yo-baby yogurt every morning for breakfast
*when you ask him to show his muscles he just makes this funny strained face
*his favorite person to play with is elijah
*he will give you a big, wet kiss when you ask him for one

I could go on & on about him...he is awesome.

Someone tell me...How does THIS turn into...


THIS in only one short year????


More to come later from his one year photos and BUG birthday party.

Happy Birthday my sweet buggy-boy! We love you so much!

"She bore a son and said, "I will praise the Lord!"; therefore she named him JUDAH."
Gen. 29:35

2 comments:

Lori said...

that was such a fun and exciting day, and no, I can't believe that was a year ago!!

Lauren said...

aww....almost made me cry! :)
i can't wait to see him on saturday!