Friday, July 10, 2009

It's Independence Day...Marble Falls Style



My cuties on July 4th. Yes, I know they're adorable. :-)



There are too many pictures combined with July 4th, camp and Houston, so I'm going to split those posts up. This is my July 4th post - obviously.

Elijah and Jaylin making funny faces!


You'll see lots of pictures on the back deck of the dining hall - it has the best view!


I love Judah's face here...and my hair. :-) Wow.


Hangin' out on the front porch.


Eating lunch at Chili's in Marble Falls, where Jason and I had our first date oh so many moons ago...9 years to be exact.


Conked out after lunch.


Then our friends from San Antonio, Tim & Misty, showed up for the rest of the day. We had so much fun catching up with them - it had literally been years since we last saw them in person. Misty and I became fast friends when we were counselors out here in 1999 - we also went to college together and were in each other's weddings. She is a dear friend of mine...and Tim's alright too. :-)


Our family on the back deck.


I think I have several pictures of Misty and I over the years in this exact spot. :-)


Later that evening, the boys went fishing. Oh how I love fishing pictures. I know they're just standing there, but they are always so adorable.






A little boy and his daddy fishing.




The first thing he caught was this:


Then he caught THIS!!!!


He was so proud, and had been so patient. What a good fisherman.


That night we did some small ground fireworks by our cabin. Elijah really enjoyed the sparklers...actually, we all did!




The fountain was pretty cool too!






We had a lot of fun and all decided that it should be a tradition to meet at camp every July 4th to celebrate! Of course we may be hitting Tim & Misty up for a place to stay in August when we MIGHT take the boys to Sea World after Jason graduates. Don't tell Elijah yet though or he'll drive me CRAZY!

---------------------------------------------------------------
On Sunday, we drove to Houston where Elijah did a lot of this in my aunt's pool:




Elijah's camper pictures and NASA pictures coming soon.

1 comment:

Lori said...

looks like fun! i know elijah was sad to leave.