Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Pictures coming and small update

I have a lot of pictures to post but have had no time to do it. In the past few days we have had Easter, a Ranger's game, bunco at my house, Elijah going on 3 days of fever and missing his first days of school in kindergarten, doctor appt for Elijah and adoption paperwork. I will get to the pictures soon.

I received word today that our FBI fingerprints were cleared, processed and will be in the mail to us by April 12th. That is great news and is one of the main things we have been waiting on. After that comes in, we just have a few more small papers we are getting notarized hopefully in the next week, then waiting on our home study to be completely processed, then authenticate everything with the secretary of State and hopefully be on the wait list shortly after! Ahhhh, the end of all of this paperwork is in sight. I am so ready to be done with this "paper pregnancy" as they call it and get on the waiting list that will ultimately bring us to our daughter.

It is amazing how we don't even know who she is and already love her so much. I feel like she is in someone's womb right now and will be born this summer or fall. I have thought a lot about her birth mother lately and the gift that she will be giving us. I pray for her and for what she must be going through to have to give her baby away. I know it must be a serious situation and who knows what has brought her to that point. We will forever be grateful to her and pray that we may get to meet her one day.

1 comment:

Kaki said...

I can't wait to meet and hold her too!!