Thursday, July 08, 2010

3-2-1...BLAST OFF!!!

Can anyone tell I'm trying to catch up on all my blog posts?? :-) We are leaving for Colorado for the week on Saturday with Jason's family so I want all of these done before I leave.

Jason was off work this past Monday for the 4th, so he and Elijah finally put together a rocket that Elijah has had for a few weeks. We went down to a field by the river and launched it. I honestly didn't have the faith in my husband that he had assembled this very complicated thing the right way so that it would launch. Well, me of little faith...it was awesome and they were able to launch it 3 times!


Elijah getting ready to do the countdown and push the launch button.


If this is highly illegal, don't turn us in. Jason was prepared to take it like a man if he got arrested...lol.


Retrieving the rocket from far, far away. The thing went really high and then parachuted down pretty far from where we were, especially the 3rd time.


So proud that it worked!

That evening we took the boys to see Toy Story 3 with my mom. They LOVED it and neither one moved the entire 2 hours. It was ADORABLE...best of the 3 in my opinion!

I videoed the first launch...I am snickering at the beginning because they push the button and it was delayed or something because it didn't move. I thought it was going to be a big dud. :-)

1 comment:

Sonrise Church said...

Oh ye of little faith....:)
Cute video! Way to go guys!