Saturday, July 03, 2010

A Waiting We Will Go

I'm not even sure if Wait-listed is a word (probably not), but I don't care because...

WE ARE ON THE WAIT LIST!!!!

We received all of our authenticated paperwork back from the Secretary of State just one week later on June 30th...two days after my 30th birthday. What a wonderful exciting week! The boys and I were spending the week out at Camp of the Hills with my mom when Jason told me the papers were in and he would spend that evening getting everything in order (ie putting all files on a CD, double checking all is there, getting info for money orders, etc) so that he could take it to Gladney the next day. I was so thankful he was there when I wasn't to get that done. He took it the next day after work and she had it in the mail by that evening, on July 1st and we are now officially waiting for our baby girl!

It seems so surreal to be at this point after 6 long months of papers...we are no longer waiting on paperwork to come back, we are waiting ON A BABY! Wow. I feel officially "paper pregnant" now. And that is kind of what I'm telling myself because average time frame for a referral is 6-9 months, so a pregnancy is kind of what we have on our hands and I am so thrilled about that! I told Elijah at camp and he said YES!!!! and pumped his little fist into the air. The next step is "the phone call" that says they have a baby girl for us to look at and pray about, but we are already praying for her.

Baby girl,
We feel so blessed to be this much closer to bringing you home. We cannot wait to have you in our arms to love and cherish. I already know that you will have your daddy & brothers wrapped around your little finger. They can't wait to have a princess in the house to protect. We are praying for your other mommy and whatever circumstances bring her to the point that she doesn't feel she can take care of you anymore. I pray that she feels God is with her and that you know that He is with you and He loves you. I wonder whether or not you are already born and what you're going to look like. So many things I wonder about you and I can't wait to lay eyes on you. We love you so much already!

5 comments:

KAKI said...

AMEN!!

Sonrise Church said...

We are praying for the special little girl who will be so blessed to grow up in such a wonderful home with people who love her. God is good!

Heather said...

Yay!!!!! So exciting!!!
I can't wait to meet your sweet princess!!!!

Jennifer said...

We're thrilled for you guys. Baby Cox will be here before you know it!

Melissa Jackson said...

This is wonderful news! I'm just getting caught up on your blog. I'm so excited for you guys!

I also can't believe you got a nose ring! That was not a post I was expecting. I like it, though! I'm glad you had a good birthday!