Friday, July 01, 2011

12, 1, 365

BIG, BIG SIGH....today marks 12 months / 1 year / 365 days since we went on the wait list for our baby girl. I NEVER in a million years would have thought I'd be writing this post, BUT that just goes to show you how all-knowing and in control that I am! :-) This past year has been a journey and isn't that what life is all about, the journey and not the destination? I am trying to focus on the journey and what God wants me to learn and do and how I am to grow to become more of the person that He wants me to be. I can honestly say that I am closer to Him today than I was one year ago, so I would call this past year a SUCCESS! I pray that He is accomplishing His purposes in me through this adoption process. AND, we are 1 year CLOSER to bringing our baby girl home! We are praying for big news SOON! Thanks again for your prayers and support!

"Since ancient times no one has heard,
no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides You,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him."
Isaiah 64:4

1 comment:

Melissa Jackson said...

Hang in there! I know God has amazing plans for your daughter and your family!!! She is already so blessed to have you guys, and she will one day appreciate all the longing and anxiousness that your family experienced as you waited for her to join you. These posts are so touching, and she will be blessed to read them one day when she is older.