Friday, September 02, 2011

a little tour...

of my preschool classroom!

Okay, I have never thought of myself as a crafty person but I am pretty pleased with how my preschool classroom turned out this year! I lucked out in grabbing some of the animals and acacia trees that came down after our big VBS this year and decided to do an African themed classroom. Does this seem appropriate to anyone else since we {hopefully} will be bringing our daughter home this school year! Perfect. I thought so.

Here's the view when you walk in the room. The beautiful mural to the left was already there so I left it as is. I have 12 sweet four year olds - 4 at each table.

The view looking back at the door with the cubbies and the cute giraffe! And my co-teacher Terri (sorry that you didn't know I was taking this Terri :-).

The wall just to the right when you walk in. It has all of my calendar/circle time things on the board and my bible verse - I love this wall! Under my alphabet will be our word wall - we will add words that start with each letter all year long, and under the zebra is my attendance chart. It will hold each child's picture with their name on the other side - they find their name and flip it over when they arrive so we know who is there that day.

A close-up of Mr. Elephant holding the folders right by the door.

And a close-up of the wall you see when you walk in. It has my art wall where all of their beautiful pictures will go on display, my literacy center and my weekly bible verse!

We officially start next Thursday morning. Meet the teacher was last night so I've met almost all of my kids and parents. Looking forward to a great school year!

3 comments:

Melissa Jackson said...

Love it!

Lauren said...

cuuuuute! :)

Jennifer said...

So cute, and I love the blog makeover, too! The font is adorable! Love and miss you, lady!