Tuesday, September 06, 2011

mush from my brain

My head is just full of random information, so if you're not feeling very random today, you may just want to move on past this one. :-)

1. I have strep throat. I don't remember the last time I had strep throat but it STINKS big time. I've forgotten how much I hate it. I spent the entire labor day holiday on the couch or asleep in my bed thinking I had allergies. But when I woke up this morning feeling just as lousy as the day before after about 3 hours of sleep, I went to the doctor. Sure enough. Positive for strep. I REALLY hope the boys don't get it because I have my first day of preschool on Thursday. Ugh. I am (obviously) feeling a little better now that I've started antibiotics.

2. Want an excellent TV show to watch on instant Netflix? I HIGHLY recommend Legend of the Seeker. If you're already getting Netflix streaming from your computer to your TV, you need to give this show a whirl. If you love fantasy, action, drama and a good love story then you are in for a treat with this one! There are 2 seasons (44 episodes) all just waiting for you to dive in. No fear of having to wait for the next episode to come out because this is the ENTIRE show for your viewing pleasure. Legend of the Seeker - check it out!

p.s. Speaking of TV shows - I got one of my good friends hooked on Alias - that makes me quite happy!!! And she doesn't need to fear because, of course, I have ALL of the seasons at home.

3. Judah has worn a ninja mask and ninja sword tucked into the back of his shorts for almost 3 days straight now. He is awesome.

4. Elijah is thinking about having his daddy give him guitar lessons. I loved watching them "practice" the other day. Nothing more attractive than a guy playing a song on his guitar! Elijah could possibly break some hearts one day if he in fact masters this skill. :-)


5. I'm tired of waiting for a referral. Have some patience with me right now because I'm likely to be irritated if you don't ask about our adoption and irritated if you do, so really there's no way for you to win...lol. It just goes with the territory of being WAY past due with a baby...very emotional, irritable and downright frustrated. That is definitely the way I felt in my 9th month of pregnancy with the boys - why should this be any different? If anyone ever told me that I would wait 14+ months to have one of my children, I would have called them crazy (and then proceeded to hyperventilate :-).

6. We are semi-planning a beach vacation with Jason's family for next summer and I'm already PUMPED about it! Of course a lot of it depends on when we bring the baby home, but I can just see her toddling around on the sand in her cute girly swimsuit! That makes me smile.

7. Really excited about the cooler weather and the fall season! It's my favorite and specifically October is my favorite month of the year. (Hmmm, maybe THAT'S when we'll get a referral). You didn't hear me say that though because I don't make ANY speculations about when that's going to happen anymore! :-)

And that's all because my body is telling me that I'm not feeling quite as good as I thought and I need to lay down and rest. Have a great week!

No comments: