Friday, April 26, 2013

judah turns 5 {how did this happen?}

To say this week has been busy is an understatement. Getting Jason ready to leave for Ethiopia to bring our daughter home, Elijah's first time taking the STAAR tests, and my baby boy turned 5 years old yesterday! We started the adoption process when he was 18 months old and I NEVER in a million years thought he would be 5 when we brought her home. As far back as he can remember, there has been "baby sister" and now, days after his 5th birthday she'll finally become a reality for him. I cannot believe this little boy will start kindergarten next school year. He is such a joy and we love him! He and his brother couldn't be more different but that makes them special & unique.

His last night as a 4 year old.

 Now he's FIVE!!!


It was a school day so he had birthday cupcakes with his preschool friends. On the way to school they said Happy Birthday to him on the radio. He asked if they could do that a long time ago so we made it happen. He thought it was really cool!


He LOVES Imaginext toys. We got him the dragon. Nana & Grangoat gave him a Target gift card and what did he pick out? The castle to go with the dragon of course! :-)

He also loves Ninjago and Target did a great job on this cake. I actually kind of enjoy making their cakes each year but this year was too crazy so Target it was!

I sure do love these boys. They will be great big brothers to Evie!


He's a crazy boy!


We love you SO much Judah! Our family wouldn't be complete without your crazy self! Here are 5 things I just love about you right now:
1. I love how you use the words "of course" a lot when you're talking.
2. I have loved watching your artistic abilities develop in the past few months.
3. I love how much you adore your big brother. You look up to him so much.
4. I love that you tell me, "You're the bestest Mommy ever!"
5. You have a genuine love for music and I love that!

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY CRASH!!!
You have part of my heart...always.

No comments: