Sunday, April 21, 2013

welcome to evie's room

Evie's room is DONE and all ready for her! I can't wait for you all to see the finished product. Her room has been a labor of love and almost everything in it has meaning to me or to her story. It's a small room that we wanted to keep a guest bed in, so I had to get creative with it. Obviously she'll only be in the crib for another year or two and then she'll use the double bed, creating a little more space. The furniture was my great-grandmothers and was in my room as a little girl. It will be hers to keep one day. On to the pictures....enjoy!

The view when you walk in the room.

You'll notice a lot of calla-lily accents (national flower of Ethiopia) and some African animal accents. We kept the walls painted the same as when Judah was in here because, let's be honest, that red was REALLY hard to get right and I'm too lazy to change it! :-)

One side of the room,

and the other side of the room.

Her nightstand - calla-lilies, poem written by my mother, book written by my sister-in-law, African shaped wood with her name on it by my mom...such sweet, sweet things in her room.

The changing station that will one day be a vanity for her.

Looking into her crib...my sister took the Ethiopian fabric, backed it with chenille and made two pillows and a throw-size blanket with it. The blanket is big enough to be used long after the crib.


Beautiful hand-painted sign with her name given to me at her shower.

More sweet things hanging on her wall. Obviously we think she is a "Big Miracle" and I love the scripture done by my friend Shei. Beautiful. Remember that Meaza means "fragrant aroma".

 Her dresser. Wooden giraffe from Ethiopia, hand elephant done at school with Judah's hand.

Painting we purchased on our trip done by an Ethiopian artist. This is something I want her to have for her home one day to remind her of her country.

This is the one thing I made myself with the help of my friend Jennifer. It's a chandelier made from a wire plant basket and mardi gras beads, sprayed white and hung for decoration. One day she can use it over a tea table to have a tea party with.

On the left are blessings for her written at the baby shower and on the right, my grandmother painted this Raggedy Ann and it hung in my room when I was little.

The zebra stool my mom found with some special books in a basket on top.

 A sampling of her many sweet adoption and Ethiopia books plus some Ethiopian music.

Beautiful embroidered blanket with her name and a calla-lily from Nana.

Left: Nana also got her a calla-lily night light. Right: Her car seat is all ready to go! My first pink one!

All of her diapers! We are using cloth diapers & wipes this time. 1. To help the environment. 2. To protect her little bottom from chemicals & diaper rash, and 3. To keep my hands from breaking out in terrible eczema from the chemicals like the last two times. Thanks to my friend Courtney, I feel very confident about the FuzziBunz method of diapering and am ready to go!

Hair and skin products. I wouldn't mind some extra prayers lifted up for me in dealing with her hair! I'm a little nervous about it since I hardly even know how to fix my own hair! :-)
There are too many special things to picture them all, and some I have pictured before, but this gives you a good idea of what a special, special room it is.

Evie, I pray that this room is protected from evil and filled with the presence of God and His angels to watch over you and protect you. I pray that you feel safe, secure and loved when you are in this space we have created for you. So many friends & family who love you have contributed to this beautiful and special room just for YOU! It is ready for you, we are ready for you and we can't wait to show you all of the wonderful things this room has in it for you to play with, snuggle with and keep you comfy & warm. We love you so much sweet girl and cannot wait to have you in our arms FOREVER!!! It is going to be so, so soon. Love, Mama

***We were told 1-2 weeks from submission we should clear and be able to bring her home. That should mean that we will clear THIS week! We would love prayers that it is so. We can't wait!

1 comment:

Ashley Shaw said...

Love it all!! You did such a great job! The furniture makes me smile : ) ...because of course, I remember it.