Tuesday, January 20, 2009

FYI

Cell phones don't flush down the toilet. Ever. They get stuck in the U part of the toilet clogging it up and making them nearly impossible to get out.

Unless you remove the toilet, as seen here, and stick anything you can possibly think of up in the hole.


Finally, after hours of doing this, you stick your hand out just hoping by some miracle that it will fall out on its own.


Or you give your 4 year old son a sledge hammer and let him smash the toilet to pieces in order to get the phone out. Kidding. But he thoroughly enjoyed smashing things outside with the sledge hammer.


No, after a couple of hours of digging and shaking, finally the cell phone will come out. And there will be much rejoicing!


Remarkably, the battery and SIM card were still working, and only the phone itself needed to be replaced. This isn't my phone either. Any guesses who accidentally flushed their phone down our toilet? Give up? My mother. After using our toilet and already pushing the handle down to flush it, the cell phone "jumped" out of her pocket and was swept down the toilet in like .02 seconds flat.


After you get the toilet back in place with a new wax seal, you'll need some weight to push it hard against the seal so that it doesn't leak. This works well.

And that was how part of our MLK holiday, aka Jason's last day before school started today, was spent. Hey, at least we know how to remove and reinstall a toilet now!


-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Mom, do you like my squinty-eyed smile? It's my new favorite thing to do."


"I can pretend I'm a lion while doing it. "


"And do funny things with my tongue too."


"I just crack myself up!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jason, for being so patient and gracious to your mom=in=law and spending your last full day off fellowshipping with me in the bathroom in the quest for the phone! I love you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alisha said...

That's good information to know! I was sure one of the kids who helped you find it out, not your mom!

Kandi said...

Love the Lion Smile :) He is getting so big!! And the toilet trauma pics were fun too!

Lori said...

still makes me laugh...crazy kaki! :) glad you got it out of the toilet and you didn't have to smash it to pieces.

Anonymous said...

We feel your pain, but couldn't stop laughing while reading the blog entry. The pictures were priceless! Only Summer can make a flushed phone so entertaining!
And Judah and Elijah are precious as always!
Nana & Grangoat

Rob and Lynda said...

I can really see your mom in Judah - especially in the first picture. He is precious! Glad you got the phone back...

Leslie said...

LOVE this post. Still laughing.

I'll be making sure Adam reads this one.

Jennifer said...

Um, first, this is HILARIOUS.
Second, I LOVE your new heading!!