Wednesday, March 03, 2010

New Baby & a College Reunion

I just returned home from meeting this precious new baby girl, Brynlee Grace. She was born yesterday at 10:59am weighing 8 lbs 8oz to my sweet friend, Abbie. She looks like her big sister when she was a baby.


Abbie and I have been good friends for over 5 years now. We have known each other since college but became close when Elijah and her daughter, Ellie, were babies. They have become such sweet friends and have grown up together. Brynlee is baby #3...poor Deacon is sandwiched in between two sisters :-) Here I am with Abbie, Brynlee and proud big sister Ellie. I just love new babies and especially love when my close friends have them!


---------------------------------------------------------

This past weekend, Jason and I left the boys with his parents and ventured to College Station, our old stomping grounds and first place of residence after we married. We were attending a 20 year anniversary of Camp of the Hills...the place where we fell in love and got engaged. It was like a college/camp reunion...so much fun!


I just recently got my hair cut and highlighted (although some claim to not be able to notice the highlights :). The dinner was held at The Zone and overlooked Kyle Field.


While there, we finally got to visit the Bonfire memorial. Bonfire fell when I was a freshman and I lost a friend that night. His name was Jerry Self, and while we weren't close, he was part of a group that I attended a mid-week college worship service with. I remember the moment I found out that he was dead...it was very surreal and very sad. I had never attended a funeral service for someone so young. Here is the monument in his honor.

Beautiful words about him written in stone:


And an image of his face in his corps uniform with his name and signature above it:


Here are all 12 of the monuments. They each face the city from which the victim was from.


I only captured one picture with some of my old friends. I worked out at camp and attended A&M with these sweet girls.


My friend Sheena, from Fortress, was one of the keynote speakers. She spoke about how Camp of the Hills had changed her life and brought her closer to God. She did an excellent job and I was so proud of her!


This is overlooking part of the A&M campus from where we had dinner. They are doing a lot of construction on the student center right now. I have so many memories in there and was bummed we couldn't go inside.


I am so thankful for my time at Texas A&M in the Aggies for Christ and for my two summers at Camp of the Hills. I can't even count how many ways those years changed my life for the better and brought me closer to God. Gig 'em Aggies!!! WHOOP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heya im new here i like [URL=http://www.mydjspace.net]dj remix[/URL] in my free time. I hope to be able to help on this message board and hope to stick around!

Thanks.