Friday, March 19, 2010

The Official Announcement

I think by our new blog header you can tell what this announcement is going to be, but I'm going to go ahead and say it....

WE ARE ADOPTING A BABY GIRL FROM ETHIOPIA!!!

We have been waiting for months to officially announce this and today we finally got official approval from our adoption agency, so we feel confident in putting it out there now. We had our home study this morning, which went fantastic, and she was able to tell us at the end of it that we were officially approved into their Ethiopian program. I will go into more details later like why we're adopting, why Ethiopia, our journey so far (which has already been filled with ups & downs), a time line on the side of the blog and more.

Right now I can tell you that we started researching this past summer, sent in our application to Gladney in November, had our phone interview in December, finished up our Gladney paperwork in February, just had our home study today and are well on our way to finishing up our foreign paperwork and then ultimately being put on the wait list hopefully in the next couple of months. We are thrilled, we are thankful, we are blessed and we are hopeful. More later...thank you for celebrating with us!

And for your viewing pleasure, PLEASE watch this video of a family's journey to their daughter in Ethiopia. This pretty much sealed the deal for us after we watched it. It is beautiful. Let it load a little before you push play.


10 comments:

Alisha said...

Congratulations! I love the new header. And I can't wait to follow along on your journey.

da momma said...

im so proud of yall, happy for you and envious :) Ill be on the front row of yoru journey! Keep the details coming! What a lucky family yall will be for another baby!

Sonrise Church said...

I've been checking all day to see if your blog changed:) We are so excited for y'all and looking forward to having a precious new granddaughter! Love you!

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I wanted to call, but wasn't sure what time you guys would be finished! That video is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy for you guys.

Kristen said...

Sounds exciting! My roommate from college is going through the same thing except for a boy. Right now they are waiting for the birth mother to show up in court, but have had a few disappointments. Their journey is at www.asformyhousehold.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Hi! I am the college roommate that Kristen was talking about. :) We have grown in ways that we didn't expect. The waiting is hard - both before and after the referral. But God is faithful through it all and is teaching us to cling to him. Congratulations and blessings to you on your journey! - Sarah Dubois

Kandi said...

We are so happy for you all!! What an amazing journey you are about to embark on! Cant wait to see what unfolds for you :)

Brooke said...

Congrats! We have a mutual friend Julie K and she told me to read your blog! I have a daughter who is Ethiopian as well. My email is brooke.b.ray at gmail (dot) com. (put it all together)

Kaki said...

On the computer for the first time since my 125+ volunteers here at camp all last week. I am so excited and can't wait to follow and hopefully participate in this journey!!! Baby girl - we are all so anxious to meet you and are praying for you wherever you are!! I love you already - your Kaki!!!

Melissa Jackson said...

This is awesome! It had been a while since I caught up on your blog. When I saw the header, I thought maybe you were training with a team to go to Ethiopia as missionaries. I wasn't expecting this; although, I can't say that I am that surprised. What an amazing journey you have embarked on! I know that you and Jason will be so blessed, and your daughter and the boys will be as well! (By the way, I can't believe how big they have gotten...so cute!)