Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday, Elijah!

Dear Elijah,
How did you go from this...


to THIS???

Where has the time gone?
On May 13, 2004 at 12:52 pm, you made me a Mommy, and from that moment on Mommy has been a big part of my identity. Who knew your whole life could be so drastically changed for the better in an instant? Immediately, you were our whole world. It is the most important job I've ever had and ever will have while on this earth. What a big responsibility to teach you to know and love God, and pray that one day you will be a mighty warrior of His, that you will know His voice and listen to His call. That you will consider others better than yourself and spend your time helping those in need...being a servant. That is what I want for your life, and I pray that your Daddy and I are doing a good enough job teaching you those things. Because sometimes I feel so inadequate.
I already know that you have a big heart...you are compassionate, loving, helpful, obedient, funny and smart. You love your friends, and you love your baby brother even more. You are so sweet and helpful with him and he adores you. I love how excited you are about having a baby sister, and I love even more the compassionate heart you are developing for orphans. You told me the other day that you wished more people would adopt kids because they need a mommy and daddy to love them too. When you say things like that you make me more proud than if you were graduating valedictorian of your class. I can see the heart of God growing inside of you. You are our joy and treasure and we love you. Happy Birthday!

For your birthday, we took you to Uno's downtown for some pizza. You got to make your own.


Then we got ice cream at Marble Slab. Notice how Judah copies your every move. :-)


And you opened your presents from mom and dad.


An Indiana Jones t-shirt to wear to your birthday party...


and a new big boy scooter!


Then it was outside to try out your scooter.


Judah is very thankful that you passed down your "baby" one to him. :-)




2 comments:

txmomof2 said...

so sweet. such beautiful children, Summer.

Sonrise Church said...

What a handsome 6 year old! Happy Birthday Elijah! We love you soooo much and are so proud of you!
Nana