Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten

Elijah: 1st Day of Kindergarten, August 24, 2009

Jason: Kindergarten, 1986

Summer: 1st Day of Kindergarten, 1985

----------------------------------------------------------------
We had a GREAT morning! Things couldn't have gone any better.

Eating his 1st day of kindergarten breakfast. Daddy got up and made him eggs - his favorite!

Putting on his new shoes:

The little man all ready for the big day!





I just love him! Can't believe he's big enough to be in school.



Riding in the car on the way to kindergarten

Walking up to the school building

Waiting to cross the street

Ms. Stanley putting on his name tag

Elijah with Ms. Stanley. She is so nice and we feel really good about her.

He walked right in, put his things up and started playing. We gave him hugs & kisses and left. I barely made it out of the building and lost it. My mom kept Judah this morning so Jason and I had breakfast together and I calmed down. It has been hard and I'm not sure what to do with myself yet. It seems so weird for it to be just me and Judah at home. Thank goodness Jason is home today. I know this will get easier, but right now I'm just wondering every second what he's doing. :-) I'll update later with his assessment of the first day.

5 comments:

Alisha said...

Elijah looks so mature in his photo! I hope that he had a great first day.

Sonrise Church said...

Those pictures almost made ME cry - he looks so grown up! He is such a handsome boy and has such a sweet spirit. Y'all are doing a wonderful job! And as much as he sometimes reminds me of Jason when he was little - in that picture he looks like Summer's clone!:) Can't wait to hear a report of day 1! Tell Elijah we are proud of him!
Love,
Nana

Jennifer said...

He looks PRECIOUS - so big and grown up! Hang in there, friend! It'll get easier when you hear about how much fun he's having! What a blessing to go to a school you feel good about! I've been thinking about you today!

Lori said...

he looks so big with his cute hairdo!! what a milestone today. glad it went well this a.m.

Sydney said...

Oh my. Kindergarten?? I am so not ready!
He is so cute. The picture of him eating eggs looks like Judah to me-
Hope you have had a great week!