Saturday, May 11, 2013

evie's first week at home

I am still working on getting more pictures from the airport and trip and when I do I will back date them so keep checking! Meanwhile, Miss Evie has already spent a whole week at home! In some ways I can't believe it's been a week already and in some ways it's been long, especially with not being able to go many places. For the most part things are going really well and she is a very sweet baby. She went to her first doctor's appointment this week as well as a walk and trip to the park. She also rode with Daddy to Judah's graduation and sneakily watched from upstairs. No one even knew she was there, and then Daddy took her home immediately after. Other than that, she has been at home. Attachment and bonding is going well. She is very friendly, which everyone LOVES but which is not good for attachment in that she would go to anybody. I think that is already getting better. We have not let anyone else hold her yet. A few days ago she started having some sleeping issues which we are still fighting...this has been the hardest part so far. I am tired and the hectic schedule with 3 kids already seems to be a lot more than two! Jason is abandoning me on Monday to go back to work. I'm a little nervous about getting the other two to school & back and scheduling all of that around her naps. Yikes. I know I'll figure it out in time. God is good and we still can't believe that she's home with us! Here are pictures of her first week at home!

Her very first morning at home she took a nap in the Moby and played with toys on the floor.






This was the first time I put her in her crib in her room. She sometimes naps in there but is sleeping in our room at night.

 And one time she napped in a laundry basket. :-)

Her two big brothers adore her! Judah is handling the change really well!




We had a little trouble figuring out what she liked to eat but that is going much better. Here she is eating her Ethiopian cereal for breakfast one morning.


Oh my word, she is SO cute and I'm having fun dressing her in cute outfits!

She really likes the jumper if you can't tell by those big smiles!



Jason loves the Beatles and I bought this outfit on sale a LONG time ago when we were waiting. I was so thrilled that it's not too small!

She is handling the "Little Sister" role very well!

The girl also loves her baths! I'll have to take a picture of that soon.

Evie, we have loved getting to know you this week! We love you and are so glad you're home!

No comments: