Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Thailand: Day 10

Hi everyone,
This will be very quick but here is what we did on Tuesday, Day 10 in Thailand. That morning there was another equipping meeting at the Allen's house so we just stayed here for that, and then I left early to go with Michelle and my mom to get a pedicure. I am set for the summertime now! It was around $7 and they even painted flowers on my toes! Then we met the guys to eat lunch at Mike's Burgers with some of the missionaries from Chiang Rai that were in town. The food was great and the burgers are really good! After we ate lunch, O picked us up and drove us out to the Umbrella Factory. This is where they make the beautiful Thai umbrellas that are painted, and they also have a lot of other things you can buy. The neatest thing about this place, though, is that you can bring whatever you want to have it painted. My mom got her pants, shirt and bible painted plus a few umbrellas, and we had Elijah's backpack, our bibles and a few umbrellas painted. Supposedly, the painting lasts forever because Michelle has a diaper bag that was her girls from about 10 years ago or so and it looks like new. After that we came back to the Allen's to rest, then ate dinner and then went to the Cheung Doi church with David for another cell group meeting. Then we went to get roti, which is an Indian dessert that involves crepes, fruit, sweetened condensed milk and sugar. Yeah, it was awesome! We then dropped Elijah and my mom off at the hotel and came back to play 42 with the Allen's. They beat Jason and I but not by much, it was a close match and we had a good time.
We leave for Bangkok today around 4:30pm - we are sad about leaving Chiang Mai but excited to see a new town. Patinya is going to pick us up and show us around for the next 3 days. I'm not sure what the computer situation will be like there but if I am able to blog then I will. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe y'all have already been there almost 2 weeks. I know God has blessed your time and it sounds like you guys will be anxious to return. Give our love to everyone in Bangkok...especially to P'Tui(Patinya), P'Bpoom (Penjai) and the girls and I hope you get to meet P'Ood, P'Gee, and their kids as well. Blessings - Timmy B