Thursday, May 10, 2007

We're going to Thailand!!!


With 1 day, 3 hours, 55 minutes and 3 seconds to spare.... as of this morning we have all 3 passports in our hands! To the right is the proof. (Yes, Jason's is about 5 1/2 years old if you can't tell :-)

The nightmare of the regional passport office in Houston yesterday cannot be put into words - you would have to experience it yourself, but it's not something we would wish upon anybody! There were many, many times yesterday when all we could do was pray because it did not look like we would be getting Elijah's passport. God came through in a big way and said YES, I want you to go! So at 12:35 pm tomorrow we will board a plane to LA and then to Taipei and then to Bangkok and then to Chiang Mai and will arrive at 8:55 am on May 13th which will be 8:55 pm on May 12th here (I think). We will hit the ground running and go straight from the airport to the Payap church where Jason will preach, and then try to kick our jet-lag by fighting to stay awake the rest of the day.

I can't put into words what I am feeling right now. We have anticipated and prayed about this trip for so long and here it is upon us with barely over 24 hours until we leave. I am excited, I am nervous, I am anxious, I am relieved, I am hesitant, I am blessed, I am humbled and I am way behind! I need to go start packing since we spent Tues night and all day yesterday in Houston - I have a lot more to do than I anticipated. We will post just as soon as we can in Thailand hopefully with some pictures. Please pray for us tomorrow and throughout our travels over there - we are blessed to have such wonderful friends and family who we know will cover us in prayer. See you on the other side of the world!
Summer

4 comments:

Alisha said...

I'm so relieved you got your passports! It's been making me nervous -- I can't imagine how you must have felt. I hope your flight goes well and you have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

I sent you guys an e-mail but I guess I should have read your blog first. I can't beleive you're preaching in Chiang Mai in less than thirty minutes after you arrive, Jason! That's ridiculous! Oh well, talk about jumping right in. I hope you guys have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! I am glad to know that we can keep up and hear how things are going while you are away and future news. Sounds like a crazy trip, but God wanted all three of you there! Be safe and good luck.
--Leigh Ann Trice

Julie said...

I am relieved and can't wait to hear all about what God does on this trip and to get together when you guys get back!