Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What's the point?

I love blogs, or rather, I love reading other people's blogs. I have been now for about 2 years. I have tried to avoid getting my own blog because I didn't want to get "sucked in" to the new phenomenon of blogging. However, I acknowledged the other day that I'm already sucked into the blogging world by spending time every day reading other peoples, so what's the point in avoiding it any longer? I just hope other people find my blog as interesting as I find theirs. What IS the point of this blog though? Well, initially what made me decide to go ahead and start a blog is our upcoming trip to Thailand in a week and a half. We leave on May 11th and return the 27th (assuming mine and Elijah's passports arrive on time - be praying about that!), and will be spending time with missionaries in Chiang Mai & Bangkok. We are very excited about our trip - Elijah is coming with us and my mom as well to help us with him. We are hoping this blog will be a great tool to post insights, updates and pictures while on our trip. Please be in prayer for our family as this trip approaches and while we are gone that God will keep us safe and give us clarity & direction. If this is where He wants us to serve Him in the future long-term then we hope He will reveal that to us very clearly. Well, this was my attempt at a first post - Jason is planning to post on here periodically as well. I am going to try to figure out pictures later and hopefully post an update after this weekend when we have Elijah's 3rd birthday party. Have a great week! -Summer

5 comments:

Leilanni said...

Yay! So happy you started this blog! Love the layout, by the way :-)

Rachel said...

Woo hoo! Now I can visit Thailand vicariously! I love your "ragamuffin" name and description. Have a WONDERFUL time in Thailand.

Love, Rachel Lacy

Brenda T said...

Hi Summer! Love your blog!
I'm sure gonna miss my walkin buddies but I'm starting to get so excited for you guys. I know it will be a wonderful experience & I'll follow along each day on your blog.
So glad your doing this.
Love Yall,
Brenda

Stacy said...

Welcome to blogdom! I love that we can join you in Thailand via the www. Thanks for blogging. :)

Julia said...

I was just thinking about you the other day & wondering when your trip is - I'll be praying its wonderful & you will have discernment! I'll look forward to checking in on your blog - by the way, I have one I don't use very often, but if you want to check it out, its jewelsbloggy.blogspot.com.
Have an awesome trip!
Julia Russell