Thursday, May 31, 2007

PICTURES and other stuff

Well, I think I finally got the pictures uploaded to Shutterfly. I picked out the best ones because it would have taken forever to upload all 200-something of them, but there are still over 150. I hope you enjoy looking at them. I grouped them in albums so that you will know what you are looking at, but if you don't understand what something is, please let me know and I'll try to explain. And if you can't get it to open for some reason, let me know that too. You will go to www.shutterfly.com and then to sign in type in my email address and the password is my first name in all lower case letters. If you don't have my email address, please leave a comment with your email and I will get it to you. Then click on "view all albums" and you will see all of them there. I don't know a better way to share the pictures than this way, so if anyone knows a way to do it without everyone having to sign in, then please let me know! I thought I would do this just for the Thailand trip and figure out something better later. I don't know if it matters or not, but please click "sign out" when you are finished.

I think we are finally back on US time, although I woke up at 5am this morning and could not go back to sleep so I've been working on these pictures since I woke up. That is not like me at all! I love my sleep and I love to sleep as long as I can! The first couple of nights back, Elijah woke up at 2:30am and 4:30am wide awake, so those were very long days trying to stay awake after that, but since then he has slept all night and seems to be doing great. Jason started back to school and work on Tuesday and although he was not thrilled about that, he's adjusted well too. He is taking a statistics class the first half of the summer - fun! He loathes math and is really glad that this is his last math class in college. He is doing so well in college and I'm so proud of him! I know that he gets tired of it sometimes but we both know how much it will pay off in the future for him to finish. He is such a good provider for our family and is gone for more than 12 hours Mon - Thurs, not getting home until after 8pm after his class. Elijah and I are so lucky to have such a wonderful Christian man like him leading our family.

On another note....I broke my left little toe yesterday - caught it on the corner of our recliner and pulled it in the total wrong direction. I don't know that I've ever broken a toe but let me tell you that it hurts really bad! It is amazing how such a little part of your body can cause such a problem! (That sounds like a good sermon topic) I cannot put any pressure on that foot at all and it's all swollen and bruised. Luckily my next door neighbor had some crutches I can borrow for a little while until it gets better. I am not enjoying my limited mobility and how little I can get done around the house. I'm not going to even waste my time going to the doctor because I know they'll tell me to ice it, wrap it and take tylenol, which is what I'm doing. I will be glad when it heals up.

Random question - are there any good TV shows on in the summer? We just finished catching up on our Tivoed shows while we were in Thailand, and now that those are all over, it seems there is nothing to watch. I guess we'll have to upgrade our Netflix account to get 3 movies at once or I'll have to pull out my trusty Alias DVD's and rewatch them because they're so awesome! Was anyone else wigged out at the ending on Grey's Anatomy? I have so many questions and am so confused on several things. I hate having to wait so long over the summer break to see what happens.

Another random question: Does anyone know an easy way to get rid of a pacifier? We have to get rid of Elijah's soon. He still sleeps with it at nap and bed times. We thought we'd get rid of it before his 3rd birthday and then we thought it would be good to have it on our trip (and it was!) but now we really need to do something this summer. He is very attached to it and I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to make too big a deal out of it but I really doubt he'll give it up on his own anytime soon. We tried to get rid of it about 6 months ago and it didn't go too well. Any ideas?

Well, enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Leilanni said...

I just looked at all the pictures - love 'em!!! Elijah looked like he had a blast! And you're right - the elephant art IS really good. :-)

Thanks for posting them. It was great put a visual to all the places/people you talked about.

If you want an easier way to use Shutterfly, you can create a collection (look about midway down on your sign-in page). You can choose which albums/pictures to post (or all of them) and what you want your address to be. That way people can link straight to your webpage (collection) without having to log in to your account. You can put a password on it if you want. That's what we did.

But it is kind of a pain because then you upload them to your account and then have to copy them to your collection. It doesn't take near as long, but it's still an extra step.

Anyway - we'll talk soon sometime. Glad you're home!